Software Developer - Data Services and Core Engineering Full-time JobInformation Technology New York 72 views
The core engineering team builds and operates distributed, concurrent, low latency data services used by trading and research systems. You will build systems and APIs that service thousands of requests per second and deliver petabytes of data across both our on-prem and cloud platforms.
We are looking for smart technologists who love to build high performance, reliable distributed systems using state of the art technologies.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a need for high quality reliable deliverables and strong communication with global colleagues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test distributed services that integrate into the data services ecosystem.
- Collaborate closely with the wider data services team and other technology and Quant researchers to define and deploy services
- Work with technology operations to provide 2nd/3rd level application support as required
Must have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related subject.
- 5+ years C/C++ development experience on Linux (C++11, C++14)
- Experience of designing and building distributed systems, preferably in a microservice environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills who is able to work independently as well as part of a globally distributed team
- Familiarity with SQL and no-SQL databases and query processing
- Familiarity with service infrastructure such as Envoy, gRPC, service mesh, Kubernetes.
- Arrow and Parquet data formats
- Experience in large-scale systems is desirable
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience leading a development team
PeopleLink is a professional recruitment firm specializing in the I.T. positions both for permanent, contract, outsourcing position. Our team includes senior executive recruiters, functional experts, and technology industry leaders who have held different kind of I.T. position from junior to executive level.